Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2008



ENGLISH MUFFINS
(slightly improvised by me)
Source : Mr Alex Goh...thank you so much..again and again and again!

Ingredients :

(A)
1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
300 g bread flour
15 g milk powder

(B)
180 ml luke warm water

(C)
1/2 tablespoon butter

(D)
Some semolina for dusting

Method :

1. Place ingredients A in a mixing bowl. On the mixer.
2. Slowly pour in the luke warm water, a little at a time until the flour sort of stick together.
3. Add in butter and continue kneading until a soft and smooth dough is formed. Add more water if necessary.
4. Place the dough into a bowl and wrap the bowl with a clean plastic bag. Leave to prove till double the size.
5. Divide dough into 8 pieces and mould them into balls.
6. Coat them with semolina and arrange the dough onto a floured baking tray. 7. Leave to prove for 20 minutes and cook them on a non stick skillet over medium heat for about 7 minutes. Then turn them over and cook for another 6 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Serve.


5 comments:

  1. why don't you.. get a chat box
    or sign up the msjbox? so that is easy and simple
    to read your comments
    also post a comment EASY!!!!
    :) * *

    -
    ----

    -
    -
    - its only email and a new password and pay 10 RM for the msjbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bubble-a :

    Aunty malaslah nak letak chat box or msjbox. Nanti tak terjawab komen semua. Aunty ni bukannya rajin sangat. Hehehe...Ini pun dah lama aunty tak jawab comments, I told myself, I really have to do it today....all the entries! Wish me luck! Huhuhu.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mamafami, You have posted some lovely recipes. Tk u for sharing. I was wondering as to where I can get the Skillet pan that you have used in your English Muffin Recipe. I am from Ipoh, so any Shop name would be most helpful. I intend making your Marble colourful Jelly for my "cucu" when they come down next. Children love jellies! Terima Kasih once more, Mrs Singh from Ipoh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got my skillet back there in South Africa but if I am not mistaken, you can get it at Jaya Jusco or Parkson Grand

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Thanks for the recipe.
    I think those muffins must be really better than the others (in the supermarket).

    I'm thinking about testing...

    Popeline(popeline@vefblog.net)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!