Good morning everyone. I hope all are well. Maybe many of you are on leave today, and started your journey back to kampung to celebrate Eid-Ul-Adha. May you have a pleasant Eid-Ul-Adha and drive safely...
Yesterday, I popped in at Wani's Food Blog. Came across her Fruit Cocktail Pudding and decided to try it straight away. Made a few adjustments to the recipe to give it a more colorful look (as usual... MamaFaMi lovesss colors!) and to suit my taste. Thank you Wani for sharing the recipe with us...
Fruit Cocktail Pudding
Source: Wani's Food Blog
1 packet agar-agar strips (20 gm)
4 1/2 cups liquid (cocktail syrup + water)
1/2 can evaporated milk (about 200ml)
3/4 cups sugar
3 tablespoons custard powder
1 can fruit cocktail
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Kiwi ~ cut to small chunks
1. Put the fruit cocktail through a strainer. Keep the syrup to boil the agar-agar.
2. Boil the agar-agar strips with 4 1/2 cups of liquid (water + syrup) plus the sugar. Boil till all the agar-agar strips dissolves.
3. Meanwhile, beat eggs, vanilla essence and add in custard powder. Set aside.
4. Pour the agar-agar through the strainer and add in the evaporated milk. Put back on the stove and let it boil.
5. Reduce the heat and add in the eggs mixture a little at a time and continue stirring.
6. Add in the fruit cocktails. Stir for a few minutes and remove from heat.
7. Pour into the prepared mould. Leave to cool and then chill in the refrigerator.
EID MUBARAK to everyone. Have a nice and safe journey.....