Search This Blog

Friday, February 5, 2010

Happy 71 st Birthday Mak

Today 5th February, 2010 is my mom's 71st birthday. Happy birthday MAK. May you stay healthy and cheerful always. May Allah's blessings be with you always.... Love ya....



Mak had been through a hard time last year. But because she has a strong will power and a real fighter, for those who never knew she had been sick once before, will never know about it. End of 2008, my parents came to stay with us as my mom had not been keeping well and can't drive my dad for his dylisis treatment. Not only that, she's not that strong to do the house chores as well. She was always on her oxygen machine. When she came to stay with us, she was in such a bad state. After a week, when we saw that her condition worsen, we adviced her to go for a check up at the hospital. My brother brought her to the hospital and she was admitted straight away. The next day, she fell into a coma. She was in that stage for 2 weeks. And my dad, whom was left at home, kept asking for mom. Both of them are very very very attached to each other. Where ever my mom is, you'll find my dad there as well. And when he didn't see his wife for a few days, I can see that he's loosig a part of his life. It is so painful for me to write this, but I just have to let it out. We didn't tell abah what had happened to mak, fearing that it'll come as a shock to him. Abah was fragile that time and we feared for the worst. After 10 days, hubby and me told my siblings that we think, we'll just have to take the risk. We have to bring abah to meet mak at the hospital. So we brought abah to the hospital that Sunday.

Since mak was all wired up, Abah didn't recognised her or maybe Abah just didn't want to accept that he's looking at his wife. Abah held Mak's hand for a long time. That was the last time he held her hands dearly for the following Wednesday, our dear Abah left us, forever...... I miss you Abah...

Mak regain her consciousness after two weeks. We dare not tell her what had happened. Then she started to get curious. What was I doing at the hospital looking after her in the mornings. Who's looking after her husband. Everytime she asked me, I'll divert her attention towards something else and since she's still under the influence of the drugs, she'll just forgot about her question. When we thought that she's ready to be told about the sad news, we had asked our Pak Busu and Mak Busu to break the news to Mak. When Mak Busu told Mak, she looked sad, just for a few minutes then she smiled. That was because, she's not fully aware just yet. And she decided to be fully awared and herself again, when it was my shift looking after her. She asked me, where is my Abah and when I tried the previous trick, she kept asking the same question with her eyes on me! Oh oh... am I in big trouble! Why must it always be me!!!!! Since I have no other choice, I broke the news, the best way I could. Mak is strong. I AM NOT! She just had tears in her eyes, but I had tears streaming down my face!

Anyway, that's a part of Mak's life. The woman with a strong will power, a fighter, a good mother and certainly a very good wife to a very good husband....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAK
AL-FATIHAH BUAT ABAH....


23 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to "MAK". I cried when i read this, really, really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Mama...
    Happy Birthday To MamaFami's Mama...Ya ya ya...I pun hampir² nak titiskan air mata baca u punya story....Sooooo touching...
    Pssstttt.....Sib baik kat opis..so kena cover siketttt...Nanti pecah tembelang nanti kan...Naya...
    Apa², doa saya semoga Mama akak senantiasa bahagia dan dilimpahi rahmat oleh-Nya...
    Untuk Ayah kak, Al-Fatihah....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It bring tears to anyone who read this MamaFami....Happy Birthday MAK! Ya..You are a real fighter!!! I SALUTE You!...

    MamaFami..TQ...my Mummy is also 71 this year..still active & strong...a single parent....almost all her life...but that is a different story...

    Moga MAK...sihat..gembira & bahagia dengan anak menantu & cucu2 MAK!!..Al-Fatihah buat ayah yg telah pergi...Amin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 71st Birthday Mak! U've been strong throught out ur life...continue ur strength..:)

    Mamafami, I'm so touched with ur posting today. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maaaaaa....sub, sub...I'm deep touched to this piece...feel like crying now, sungguh!! sedih ni..sian pulak kat arwah abah Ma ya, bila pergi tanpa diiringi dan disedari MAK Ma tu..Pastu bila MAK sedar, dia harus menerima hakikat yang ABAH Ma dah tiada disisi..apapun semuanya takdir Allah swt..Dia yang mengatur segalanya! Seharusnya MAK Ma seorang yang kuat juga, sebab itu dia diuji begitu..Btw, with lots of love, pls send my best wishes and Happy Birthday to your beloved MAK...May God blessed her for the whole life through!!
    Buat Ma juga, jangan sedih2 dah ya, cheerful always n take a good care of your MAK..

    Love u..

    ReplyDelete
  6. huhuhu...salam mama! sedihnyer baca stori mama, teringat kita kat mak kita :-( Selamat hari ulangtahu buat MAK mama juga semoga sihat n gembira selalu dan alfatihah juga buat arwah ayan mama juga semoga rohnyer tenang di sana amin..

    ReplyDelete
  7. hapy birthday to ur mak & Al-fatihah utk arwah abah mama...very sad la mama baca cerita nie..terus teringat kat family kat kpg..

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy bday utk mak akak. semoga mak akak dirahmati Allah hingga akhir hayat dan semoga roh arwah abah akak sentiasa dicucuri rahmatNYA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mama...tlong wish happy HAPPY BIRTHDAY utk bonda mama ye...doa maz smoga bonda mama sntiasa dikurniakan ksihatan yg baik dan dipnjangkan umur...amim...lebiu mama..tlong kiss bonda mama skli ye..muahhh..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sedey nya...my tears almost burst out but hubby came home just in time. I lost my abah 20 yrs ago & my mum stay strong on her own. She's 70 but still driving (none of her 8 children staying with her). I'm thinking & worrying about her everyday. I feel guilty for not taking care of her. You can syukur sbb can take care both of your parents. That's what make me crying. Happy birthday to your mum & I hope she stay strong & healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. firstly, al fatihah buat arwah ayah Mama.Moga dia ditempatkan dikalangan orang beriman.

    then, i want to wish happy birthday buat ur mom..moga dia tabah menghadapi dugaan n cabaran hidup ini..moga dia dipanjangkan umur n murah rezeki

    ReplyDelete
  12. selamat ulangtahun buat mak mamafami semoga diberikan kesihatan dan rezeki yg berpanjangan...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Salam Mama,
    Happy birthday to Mak mama... semoga sentiasa dikurniakan kesihatan yang berpanjangan...

    She is indeed a very strong woman!

    ReplyDelete
  14. tragic.
    a friend told me to read this.
    Lately,I notice that people seem to be writing about their deceased family members on their blogs.
    you, me...
    this must be a really sad time for us.

    salam

    PS The other day, u were asking me about the quiz i did. its from fb. In case u didn't read the reply.

    ReplyDelete
  15. salam ma.. mmg sayu sgt hati baca n3 mama kali ni.. sesungguhnya ma masih diberi peluang utk bersama dgn seorg yg bergelar ibu sdgkan nor dah kehilangan ibu since nor berumur 6 tahun. kasih sayang ayah tak sama apatah lg bila dah mempunyai isteri baru. itu takdir yg tuhan kurniakan buat nor adik beradik...

    apapun slmt hari jadi buat emak mama, semoga dipanjangkan usia dan beri kesihatan yg baik dan utk arwah abah ma, semoga dilimpahkan rahmat atas rohnya dan ditempatkan bersama dgn org2 yg beriman... amiinn..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Salam ma, how do you do? Happy belated birthday to ur beloved mom, may Allah shower her His blessings. Tried to hold my tears as I read along. Really touched...Alhamdulillah you still have the opportunity to have her around now & make her happy as she age gracefully. Alfatihah for ur late abah.

    ReplyDelete
  17. salam mama.i had tears streaming down my cheeks when i read this.. can't imagine how hard for you to face such experience! so deeply touched! i know that ur mom is really a strong woman & really a fighter..hepi besday to her! moga dipanjangkan umur serta sentiasa dirahmati olehNya.aminn! alfatihah juga utk arwah abah..moa rohnye bersama mereka yg beriman..amin!

    ReplyDelete
  18. epi besday mak! huhuhuuu so touching! sib baik ade tisu! huhuhuuu

    ReplyDelete
  19. salam mamafami,
    syahdunya....Hepi birthday to mak mamafami,ya.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous :
    Thanks for the wish and sorry if whatever I wrote made you cry.... but I am writing from the heart...

    Sue@Nenie :
    Waalaikumussalam Sue. Thanks for the wish dan doa buat mak ma ye... Jangan sampai terpecah tembelang, nanti facilities berinternet ditarik balik, baru nayo!

    Watierman, rmanbkr :
    Thanks for the wishes and duaas for my mak. Amin. Alhamdulillah mak is much much better now. She lost a lot of weight, almost 20kgs before and doesn't even look like herself when she was sick. Now she's gain back her weight and I think she's fit to drive but to be on the safe side, let her not. After all, she doesn't know KL roads....not only her, I am no better! Hahaha...

    ♥LOVE2COOK♥ :
    Thanks Love for your kind wishes.

    Ummi :
    Mi...janganlah nangis, nanti kalau Mi nangis, ma pun nangis sama... dahlah memang sedia gembeng ni.... Allah jadikan sesuatu itu ada hikmahnya. Mungkin itu yang terbaik buat mak.... Thanks for your kind wishes and duaas for my mom ya Ummi

    ijayuji :
    Waalaikumussalam Ika. Terima kasih atas ucapan dan doa Ika buat mak. Amin...

    aroha mizwa :
    Thanks for the wishes. Visit your family while they are still around...

    ain :
    Terima kasih banyak atas ucapan dan doa yang diberikan ye. Really appreciate it.

    mazliza bahrain :
    Terima kasih banyak ye Maz atas ucapan dan doa Maz buat bonda mama ye...Amin amin ya rabbal alamin. Bila nak datang rumah lagi? Meh ler....

    ♥peachkins♥ :
    Thanks dear for the wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  21. HomeKreation :
    Thanks for the wishes on behalf of my mom and amin to your duaas. Berat mata membaca, berat lagi diri ini yang menanggung saat saat sedih tu. That time, kami adik beradik kalut sungguh. Rushing between jengok mak di hospital dan abah di rumah ma. But I am thankful enough, I was with him when he took his last breath.... sedihnyaaaaaaa ya Allah... tapi mama redha... Abah pergi dengan tenang, alhamdulillah....

    hazliena :
    Terima kasih banyak ye Hazliena di atas doa dan ucapan buat mak mama dan sedekah Fatihah buat Abah....

    secangkir madu merah :
    Amin amin ya rabbal alamin. Terima kasih ye....

    Ijan :
    Waalaikumussalam Ijan. Terima kasih banyak atas ucapan dan doa buat mak. Amin. Indeed she is a strong woman.

    Julie :
    It is indeed very sad to loose someone we love. No words can really describe how we felt. But to me, my abah is always with me, in my heart, forever....

    p/s : I read your reply dear. Thanks...

    K.Nor :
    Waalaikumussalam K.Nor. Alhamdulillahlah masih diberi peluang tu. Ajal maut di tangan Allah kan K.Nor, kita hanya boleh berserah dan redha sahaja atas segala ketentuanNya. Terima kasih K.Nor atas ucapan dan doa buat mak...

    intan :
    Waalaikumussalam Intan. Alhamdulillah I'm just fine. Thanks for your kind wishes and duaas for my mom. Amin amin. InsyaAllah will do as best as possible for her.

    inahar ali :
    Waalaikumussalam Ina. Oh oh, you had tears kat klinik ke kat rumah tu? It was difficult...and the memories are still fresh, like it just happened just now! Huhuhu..... It's definately not easy for me tapi ma redha dengan ketentuan Illahi. Thanks for the wishes and duaas ya Ina...Amin

    hana :
    Terima kasih ye Hana. Kalau tak de tisu, guna je ler lampin Darwisy.

    indahhouse :
    Waalaikumussalam. Terima kasih ye...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Saya kan ma, taktau nak celebrate ke tak birthday mak saya tahun ni. Sebab last year, saya kehilangan ayah, pada hari lahir mak.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!