What will your response be when your daughter said....
"Ish ish ish... kenapaaaaalah sedap sangat roti mama ni?"
Translation : My goodness, why is mama's buns so delicious?
"Sebab mama memang pandai buat roti".
Translation : Because mama is clever at baking bread.
Now now.... think positive ya... I am not boasting here, but take it as I am being confident. Hahaha.... If you know me well, I will only boast to my family and not to others. Because in my family, I think I am among those who can bake quite well. But in public, I am still an amateur, with a long way to go.
I didn't cook today. I was out of the house by 9.15 am and was only back home just before noon. So I had 'cooked' these in two different 'kitchens'.
I baked these simply delicious buns on the night of the Earth Hour day. Was in a hurry to go out, I didn't manage to snap more photos. So we'll have to make do with just these two photos ya. But what I can say, the name of the buns that I had given, explains the taste! Thank you again and again Ixora II.
Posted by : MamaFaMi
Source : Ixora II
2 nos eggs
90g castor sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon dough softener
500g high protein flour
4 tablespoons milk powder
1 tablespoon bread improver
11g instant dried yeast
3 tablespoons margarine
enough red bean paste
1. Pour water, egg, sugar, salt and dough softener into the bread maker pan. Top it with flour, milk powder, bread improver and yeast.
2. Set the breadmaker to Dough function.
3. Once the dough is just combined, add in margarine. Leave the Breadmaker to continue doing it's job. This process will take about 1 1/2 hour including prooving.
4. Divide the dough into 20 equal portions. Form each dough into a ball and rest for 10 minutes.
5. Flatten the dough and place the red bean filling in the middle and wrap the filling with the dough. Arrange on a baking tray.
6. Cover the buns and let it rise until double in size (it takes another 30-40 min). Brush the buns with some egg wash and sprinkle with some sesame seeds..
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Once out of the oven, brush with a bit of margarine. Place on a wire rack to cool. Keep in an airtight container.
Have a nice day!