Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Sharmeee
Pandan Cupcakes :
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups caster sugar
125g unsalted butter at room temperature
2 tablespoons real pandan extract (I used green food colouring and pandan essence)
1/2 cup fresh milk
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
2. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt through a fine sieve. Set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar together until white and fluffy.
4. Add in eggs, one at a time.
5. Add flour mixture, alternating with milk and the pandan extract.
6. Scrape down the sides of your mixing bowl and beat for another minute or two until the batter is well incorporated.
7. Divide the batter equally into a muffin tin that has been lined with cupcake liners.
8. Bake in the oven for 15 to 17 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
9. Ensure that the cupcakes are cooled down to room temperature before you core and fill them.
Pandan gula melaka filling :
200g gula melaka, cut into smaller pieces
desiccated coconut (I used freshly grated coconut)
1 piece pandan leaf - knotted
1. In a pan, add the water and pandan leaf to the gula melaka and let it simmer on the stove for about 10 minutes, or until all the sugar has been dissolved and the sugar solution thickens.
2. Let cool to room temperature before adding the
desiccated freshly grated coconut and mix it well.
* Coconut Whipped Cream :
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup desiccated coconut
1. Beat whipping cream with sugar and vanilla on medium high until stiff peaks.
2. Gently fold in the desiccated coconut into the cream.
To assemble, core the cupcakes, then fill in with the filling and pipe the coconut whip cream on top as desired.
* Real Pandan Extract :
1 huge bunch of pandan leaves, cut into smaller pieces
1/2 cup water
1. Blend the pandan leaves and water together in a blender.
2. Strain the pandan juice through a fine sieve, or a cheesecloth if you prefer.
3. Squeeze out as much juice as you possibly can.
1. I didn't do the coconut whipped cream. I just pipe the readymade whip cream in the can.
2. I didn't add the coconut into the whip cream. Instead I sprinkle the freshly grated coconut on top of the whip cream.
3. I didn't do the pandan extract. I just used the pandan essence and green food coloring.
Have a nice day!